Christmas is coming!
In Reception we have been busy learning lots of songs for our Christmas Nativity. Here are the links of all 8 songs so you can practice at home.
Welcome to Reception
Welcome to all the new children starting Ryvers Reception. The team are looking forward to getting to know the children and their families.
Badger Class - Miss Hart, Mrs Kaur
Squirrel Class - Mrs Walls, Mrs McGuiness and Mrs Foster
Eagle Class - Miss Morton, Mrs Tariq and Mrs Din
- Your child will get a reading book with no words. Please listen to your child retell you the story and ask them questions about the story, what happened and what do they think will happen next.
- Books will be changed twice weekly, every Monday and Thursday. We will record when we have your child read. Please comment or sign when you have heard your child read.
- Please make sure your child brings their reading book and reading record in their book bag daily.
- Please read with your child on a daily basis and comment and sign the planner to say you have read with your child.
- We go to the school library every week. Your child will be able to take a book home each week. Please take care of the books, keep them in their book bag and return them weekly.
- You are more than welcome to comment in the reading record any messages you have; please make sure you tell your child to show their reading record. However, we are around in the playground in the morning or after school if you wish to discuss anything.
- Every Friday we send one piece of Literacy OR one piece of Maths to be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Please support your child with their homework and encourage them to do as much as possible independently
- PE is every Tuesday. Please make sure your child comes to school in the correct PE kit. PE is taught by Miss Taylor and Mr Boddy.
Children need to wear:
- Black / navy plain shorts or jogging bottoms or leggings
- A plain white polo shirt and a pair of trainers or plimsolls to change into
- Children are expected to wear dark grey trousers or skirts (shorts and dresses during the summer).
Please note – Leggings are not allowed.
- They must wear a plain white shirt tucked in.
- They must have sensible dark/black shoes.
Please note – boots are not allowed.
- Jewellery: children may wear stud earrings. If children need to wear a Kara, during PE it would be advisable that they bring a sweat band to protect themselves and others. No other jewellery is permitted during P.E.
- For health and safety reasons hair that is shoulder length should be tied back during school time.
In Reception we have been using an online learning journal called Tapestry. Tapestry is a confidential online resource for sharing videos, photos and comments about your child. These are linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and goals. It also gives you the opportunity to share any home learning with us using photos and observations. You will shortly be receiving your log in details.
Ways to support your child’s learning
- Encourage your children to read a range of texts.
- Encourage them to look up new words using a dictionary and have fun making sentences with them!
- Visit the local library.
- Read and count daily.
- Talk with your child about what is happening around them.
I hope you find this information useful. Please do not hesitate to speak to your child's class teacher if you have any further questions.